Ingredients: 1 - 2 Patty pan Squash cut into halves, scoop out the seeds and make a small hole in center. (You can use toastebread instead) 4 Tbsp Black Chana (Soaked and par boiled) Raw mango cubes ( 2 Tbsp) 1 Tbsp Beetroot Stalks (chopped) 1 clove Garlic minced Tomato paste 1/ 2 Tbsp Oil 1/ 2 Tbsp Hot sauce 2 tsp cumin powder 1 tsp Salt, pepper Cheese (Optional) Any greens Microgreens for Garnish
1. Preheat the Oven at 400(F)
2. Heat the oil in Pan, Add garlic and let it brown a bit.
3. Add Chana to the pan. let it cook for a min, Then add raw mango, beetroot stalks and mix well. Don't overcook it as it will again cook in Oven.
4. Add tomato paste, spices, salt, pepper and let it cook for another min.
5. Turn off the Flame. let the mixture cool a bit.
6. Place the patty pan squash in baking sheet. Pour in 1 Tbsp of chana mixture into the the center hole. Add cheese if you like it.
7. Toss them in Oven for 35 min. Keep an eye after 25 mins.
8. If you want Fully cooked squash, extend to 45 min. But for me 35 min was perfect.
Garnish with extra cheese, and basil.
Its so flavourful with the chana mixture and perfect bite into squash.